Monday, August 28, 2006

The Weather Girl Strikes...

Ummm....I *may* or may not be responsible for the drowning of Blythe...depending on how accurate the weather network is....this is kinda how it all went down:

Blythe: Guess what?! I reserved a trip to Cancun, Mexico for a last-minute vacation!
Sweet-toothed Vegetarian: How much is it? I'm a great travel agent! I'm sure I can find you a better deal, if you don't care where in the carribean you go.
Blythe: As long as there's sun and sand I'm good!

So, I go online, and as promised, locate a slightly cheaper deal in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic...Blythe books and I send her on her merry little way, straight into the hurricane's path. Sorry 'bout that! If it's any consolation I made Cordelia and The Boy both eat my toasty dry burned banana bread...

The weather in Punta Cana:
Updated: 8:00 PM AST on August 27, 2006
Tuesday
Overcast. High: 86° F. / 30° C. Wind ESE 8 mph. / 14 km/h.
Tuesday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind East 11 mph. / 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation 30%.
Wednesday
Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 84° F. / 29° C. Wind ESE 11 mph. / 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation 20%.
Wednesday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind East 8 mph. / 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation 50%.
Thursday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind ESE 13 mph. / 21 km/h. Chance of precipitation 50%.
Thursday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind ESE 11 mph. / 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation 40%.
Friday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind East 11 mph. / 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation 30%.
Friday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. Low: 80° F. / 27° C. Wind East 8 mph. / 14 km/h. Chance of precipitation 40%.

The weather in Cancun, where I'm seeing a LOT more sunnies:
Updated: 7:00 PM CDT on August 27, 2006
Tuesday
Scattered Clouds. High: 93° F. / 34° C. Wind ENE 6 mph. / 10 km/h.
Tuesday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 77° F. / 25° C. Wind ENE 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
Wednesday
Scattered Clouds. High: 89° F. / 32° C. Wind light.
Wednesday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 77° F. / 25° C. Wind light.
Thursday
Partly Cloudy. High: 86° F. / 30° C. Wind light.
Thursday Night
Partly Cloudy. Low: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind light.
Friday
Scattered Clouds. High: 86° F. / 30° C. Wind light.
Friday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind light.

No comments: