Walking into the hunt camp...about four minutes into the hunt camp...Miss Meg suddenly stops and looks down at the ground to admire two butterflies sitting side by side...upon further inspection, she notices that the two winged creatures are injured...critically injured, in fact, and suffering. They were likely run over by the ATV that was driving ahead of me.
While I understand her motives, there was something somewhat disturbing when Miss Meg said to me:
"Oh, look at these butterflies! They're still alive. They're so beautiful."
And then, in a flat voice, she says, "we should kill them."
And before I know it, the gentle Miss Meg has picked up a big rock and smashed the life out of the two unsuspecting victims.
*REALLY* made me wonder what would happen to me if I tripped and broke an ankle on the walk in...
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment