Thursday, April 20, 2006

Make no mistake, you evil bike...you will submit to me.

Bike Riding Lesson #1

So, Bike-Master took me for my first lesson last night. Everything started out fine enough. We took the little bike for a walk first. Well, we actually went to fill the tires with air, but I thought a walk was a good first step. I really woulda been fine with just a walk. In fact, I kept willing the sun to drop just slightly faster last night, so that it would be too dark for a lesson. But, alas...it was soon time.

Some random quotes from Bike-Master at the lesson:

"Peddle now....put your feet on the peddles....don't take them off the peddles..."
"Nowwwwww, PEDDLE"
"YOU NEED TO PEDDLE"
"PEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE"

So, I can now drive straight, (really, *really* wobbly, and not nearly straight enough) but still kinda in a rough idea of a line. I can't turn right (as I tip over every time) and turning left is not even an option for consideration at this point.

I was COVERED in a nervous cold sweat, and both my palms have bruises on them from my death grip on the handlebars.

I need a theme song.


No comments: