I got this email from Cordelia while I was at work today:
"I go to the bank across the street from my work to buy a roll of loonies and a roll of quarters for laundry.
They don't take interac.
I go to the ATM and wait in line again.
They make me give them PHOTO ID.
They fill out a FORM on the computer and record all sorts of information.
They record my drivers license number.
They THEN make a mistake, and have to wait for some other lady named Cathy to finish with her
customer to come fix the mistake.
THEN, I lose my patience and say "forget it, give me back my $40 and I will go to the gas station to get change"
They say "well, I don't have the authority to cancel the transaction, so we'll have to wait for Cathy anyways before you can leave (without what you came for)"
I say "I am afraid not. I have no more time for this ridiculousness".
Then I snatch my $40 from her desk and storm out.
Ummm....was that a bank robbery?"
Yes, Cordelia, I'm afraid so.
But, my bigger concern is, did you say "ridiculousness" properly? I think, if I were upset, that long awkward word would come out of my mouth completely mucked up. And, why are bank tellers always named Cathy?
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment