Monday, October 17, 2005

a theme is developing here...

I think, although this is only posting number two, that a theme will quickly emerge out of my blog...that of my dating/love life...this is likely for two reasons. 1) I tend to do a lot of dating these days, and 2) these truly are the funniest stories I have. I could talk about other things, like how I fell out of my dad's truck this morning and skinned my knee like a little girl on the pavement, and that would be mildly amusing to some, pathetic to others. And I will update...or would that be backdate?...my blog to record some of my travel adventures, and to capture some of my encounters with "Ambroise" the strangest superintendant in Ottawa...but for tonight, it's a boy story that I think is mildly amusing, and totally embarrasing...

"Mr Drink My Face Off" I met while I was out with friends one night, and while I wasn't sure about calling him whatsoever, I allowed myself to be talked into it by my friends Kelly and Meghan, who assured me he was hilarious. Well, turns out he's funny alright, the funniest alcoholic I've ever met. While I allowed myself two beers (was a work night AND a first date after all) he apparently was okay with drinking four pints of beer and two double rye and cokes. He was smashed. But yes, funny. In fact, at midnight when I had to DRIVE HIM HOME as he was too drunk, it was pretty damn funny that he couldn't quite recall where his house was. I wouldn't have went out with him again, were it not for the fact that he called to apologize about that, and damn, he was still really funny on the phone. I informed him that he had a five-date maximum to make me fall in love with him, and that I would go out with him again.

The next night I happen to see him out at the pub where we had initially met, and he was there with some friends. Unfortunately, I myself was loaded that night (let me impress here that we were not on a date, we just happened to bump into each other). Long story short I turn into a total player out of nowhere and completely ignore him. That might not be so bad, were it not for the fact that I practically threw myself on his friend. An effort to show him that I wasn't with him that night? Sheer lust for his friend's hot hot hot scottish accent? Too much beer in my belly? Whatever the case I was a total ass.

Called him the next day to apologize. Was greeted with a rather cold, "did you call for my friend's phone number?"

Grooooaaan......so deserved.

So, I we never did get to date number two...and of course this will be the guy I meet each and *every* time I go out. Ugh.

No comments: