Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Choose your own adventure...

So I'm at work today and my boss gets me looking at the Ignobel award site...it's fairly humerous and kinda cool. There's this alarm clock thing that won one of them, I've heard about it before and it seems like something I should invest in when it goes to retail sales. It's called Clocky, and it's this alarm clock on wheels. Every morning after the alarm goes off, the clock rolls away from the bedside table, and hides some place new each day, forcing your lazy ass out of bed and in search of the source of the annoying alarm. I totally need that. I snooze every morning for about an hour. It's awful.

Anyhow, as I'm searching thru the Ignobel site, I find an American site for sperm donation. There's a form to fill out where you can choose every aspect of your sperm donor. Not just the usual race, height and eye colour either. I'm talking "wavy, curly or straight hair" and even the blood type of the donor. Not just Rh factor, which could be important so that the mother doesn't experience an adverse reaction to the pregnancy if the baby's negative when she's positive or vice versa, but the entire blood type. This has the potential to match the baby's blood type with that of a father...or a supposed father. This could skew paternity test results a la "desperate housewives" style....scary stuff...

No comments: