
High school reunion = Interesting. Here's a snapshot of my evening:
Chrissy showed up to pick me up, and I had promised her we could drink copious amounts of alcohol prior to showing up. Unfortunately the only thing I had on hand to drink was one bottle of Beck's (which we split) and a rather large and intimidating bottle of blood-orange flavoured gin from Belgium. So, we mixed the gin with some iced tea, and off we went.
We had to wear nametags, but being me that I am I only wrote my last name on my label. As the evening progressed, and the drinks were consumed, a "Dr." preceded my last name, and suddenly I was a urologist. Which someone actually believed.
Ingrid called me from Bangkok (miss you bella!!!) and suddenly I watched helplessly as my cell phone got passed around the room person to person...I went to the bar, and Matt was talking to her...I went to the bathroom, and Peter was talking to her...I went back to the bar, and Tom was talking to her...each updating her on the various events that have transpired over the last ten years...hmmm...it appears Ingrid is very popular with the boys of our graduating class...
I went to the downstairs bar (the area not part of our reunion) and the local barfly asked me what kind of doctor I was.
I stole a pumpkin.
Her name is Janice.
1 comment:
hehe... how weird is it to try and sum up the last 10 years of your life in a sentence or two? As I was being passed around, I felt like I was repeating myself and not saying anything at the same time... strange. I did like the fact that Matt, Pete, Tom... they all sounded the same. There is something comforting in a familiar voice when home is away from home. Janice makes me dream of cool fall weather and sweatshirts.... hang on, let me crank the air con a little! Miss you too bella! Wish I could have been there to share the genever from Belgie... we might not have loved it, but we would have drank it.
Post a Comment