So, while I don't typically consider myself too much of a snob, (although I'm self-admittedly a bit of a beer snob) I hate this hotel. Yes, it's big and has a pool with a windey slide, but it has three different sets of elevators that are colour coded to go to different floors. So, while I'm on the 23rd floor, my meeting today was on the third floor...so to get there I had to go to the lobby, get off the blue elevator, find the red elevator, and get to the 3rd floor that way. Very annoying. That and there's a rather telling stain on the carpet right beside my bed. Ick.
I just got back from dinner - went to a restaurant called East with Sarah and her sister Jenny. It was great to see Sarah again (AND I get to spend la weekend with her) but the food was amazing too. We had a spicy green tofu curry with rice, some veggie spring rolls, some shanghai noodles that tasted a bit smokey, and some other dish with tofu and rice and veggies that was great also...oh, and Sarah and I also split some yummy South African red wine.
Now to get back to my PowerPoint presentation for tomorrow. Since I'm presenting to a large group of MD's, medical consultants, and PhD's, I thought I should "science it up" a little. So, I've added in a slide with a pic of a mouse, and called it the "mouse communications model" - it's kinda funny, and should add some levity to my presentation. I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing, actually...
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alllllll good. Although I spoke too fast, and was out of breath the entire time, it was ok. Oh, and I couldn't remember the word for "whiskers" - totally blanked. Now I'm half drunk at 3:12 pm at Sarah's place.
Post a Comment