Friday, November 11, 2005

Drunk & Bowl at the Rock & Bowl

After two weeks of trash talking around the office telling tales of my exceptionally fearsome bowling skills, me sending out the 121-page official rulebook, offering to give pre-game lessons, and creating the BEST bowling shirt ever out of a $2 t-shirt I found at Value Village and some iron-on transfers, it was time to bowl baby!

While achieving a respectible score of 63 in my first game, I was around the 12 mark after quite a few frames of the second game. I could see how this was going down. I began to think strategically. After my first theory that "the more I drink the better I bowl" wasn't panning out, I had to resort to plan "B". I had to find a way to even these scores. So, I peer-pressured my team into thinking that it would be WAY more fun to bowl each frame with a different "task" I began to see results. So, left handed bowling, eyes closed bowling, bowling while holding hands with someone, backwards bowling, spin around three times fast then let go of the ball bowling, etc...it was all fun until the "sitting down while bowling" bowling. I'm sitting on the floor, reaching as far in front of my as I can in order to gain some momentum for the ball, when I hear a bunch of snickering and a brilliant flash of my camera. I think "hmmm...I wonder if my underwear is sticking out of my pants..."

Siiiiiiiiigh...if only that were the case...



In the end I won the prize for getting the lowest average score. But really, I think it was for getting a strike with my eyes closed.

Oh, and my ass is killing me today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. Not only did this happen, there is also evidence. How perfect. You have a fine crack. OXOXOX