Hmm...it all passed in such a blur...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were all about spending so very little...and then came Thursday. AKA, payday.
Day four I had after-work drink plans already with a friend, but it wasn't my turn to buy so I skipped through that easily enough...but then Thursday night rolled around and well...I just really was tired. And didn't want to eat any of the food I had in my fridge. And, well...did you know Pizza Pizza doesn't even require you to talk to anyone anymore? And they just remember your order? Alas....
Day five was even worse...I brought the leftovers of said pizza to work with me...but then leapt at the opportunity to go out for Thai food at lunch, thereby wasting the pizza...$20 later...
Day 5 was also Alison's bday so I did end up spending some money on her that night...but totally worth it because she deserves it so!! :) And, well, we deserved those Jagger and SoCo shooters!
Day six...Saturday...and hungoverday...spent about $20 on breakfast, and then off to my mumma's house for some family time...no cash spent, so not bad for a weekend day. Oops I lied. Also spent $12 on lotto tickets...because I found a four-leaf clover! Was thinking this was it! My time had come! FINALLY I was going to be the millionaire I usually think I am!
Say seven...Sunday...the final day...checked lottery numbers. Won a lousy free ticket. Had dinner out at a ridiculously expensive vegetarian restaurant, which cost about $50 all said and done...but then......................figured my 4-leaf clover had some shelf life left in it...and I took it on a field trip to the casino! Where I quickly turned $10 into $25, and immediately into $0. Awesome.
And...I don't have to report on Monday because this was a one-week challenge. And just because Monday was a holiday doesn't mean it has to be shared. And so what if I spent a pile of money because my neighbour "pretty evil carol" dragged me kicking and screaming shopping!? Not your concern.
: )
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment