Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ZERO Spending Week: Days Two & Three

So, yesterday was fairly easy. It was gross and rainy in the morning, so other than wanting to buy a one-way ticket to the tropics (which these days I think is Vancouver?) I was happy to go straight to work without dawdling.

I brought a really great lunch with me to the office, so all was well, and I had some healthy snacks too...I would have caved to buy some salad dressing for my naked salad, but couldn't even find a quarter in my bag. On the plus side I discovered our work caf provides free balsamic, olive oil, spices etc over by the forks etc., so I was able to whip up something yummy and free!

After work I picked up a pear, some buns and a pepper for dinner at the grocery store, but that was all, and because I didn't go out it wasn't so bad.

Total spending: under $8.

Day three (today) was a little worse:
This morning was okay. If I take the transitway bus then I don't go by a coffeeshop, which is where I am likely to spend money.

Lunchtime I was bad...my brought lunch was a little boring and I'm a little PMS'y so I ended up buying a gingerale and a cookie.

And then...AND THEN...I had a work-related field trip. To Best Buy. Where I had to drool over iPod Touches. I came seriously close to justifying the purchase of one (after all, I'm heading to Europe, I could watch movies on the plane, on the beach, at the hotel...) but kept my head in check and my wallet in place.

So although I've only spend under $3 today, day three is far from over just yet...there's the "wow this bus is taking forever, I should just hail a cab" temptation. There's the "wouldn't takeout sushi be so much yummier and healthier than eating at home...again?" allure. There's the "maybe Miss Meg/Apex/Lovely Carol/insert anyone else here wants to meet for a beer" gravitational pull...I have to get through each of these dangerous situations.

The worst hurdle though, is the fact that my bus stops at Rideau Centre. And there's all these summer sales right now...and I'll need new clothes for Italy, right??? I mean, I'd practically be making money to buy new things now, instead of waiting for the new fall lines...isn't it the logical choice??

Later kiddos. Hopefully I'll fall asleep on the bus and will miss the Rideau stop...

:)

UPDATE: Made it alllllll the way home, wallet intact. YAY!

No comments: