
Wow...one week from today I will already have been in transit, on my way to Oz, for 15 hours...arriving there won't happen for another 19 hours...i'm exhausted already! Been running around like crazy getting things done...work is crazy busy with the end of the fiscal year and quite a few creative projects in progress, I need to do some major laundry and finish going through my summer clothes (never a fun thing, especially when you have Canadian winter white skin...)...thought it would be cooler in Australia, being their fall and all...but looks like it will still be fairly warm...
So, I went for a tan last night after work...I'm not much of a tanner, to be honest, and I will be the first to debate the safety of tanning beds...but I figured it would be better than arriving in Oz and burning to a crisp on my first day there...I think I defeated my own intent though, as I am currently so burnt that you can see the lines on my back where the actual bulbs lay in the bed...I have come to the conclusion that I don't look great in hot pink and should therefore remain in the shade...
My friend Meph, after his own recent visit to Oz, warned me to bring sunscreen. I said, "I have some sunscreen" and he replied, "some sunscreen is not enough. A lot of sunscreen is not enough. Bring enough sunscreen as if you're going to the sun itself."
No comments:
Post a Comment