I've discovered that the airport bar is the place to hang out. It's very funny for quick conversations with people, knowing that either they or you have to take off in an hour. Take Fiona at the Chicago airport bar. Fiona, a 45-year old from California who I swear was trying to pick me up, told me the tale of how she became a millionaire by age 40, by spending less than 30% of her take-home income for the 20 years before that. "It's all about buying used furniture" she says. Now retired, Fiona hopes to get herself a pet chicken. Yes, a pet chicken.
Paul, retired navy man in his late 60's, also met at O'Hare airport in Chicago, insisted that I reminded him of his daughter. He also insisted that I take all of the Korean money in his wallet. I'm still unsure of why that was, whether I was actually supposed to take it or not, and what he thought he had purchased. I bought the lads at the bar here in Melbourne a round of their traditional shooter (pardon my language here) called the "cock-sucking cowboy", (now called the Heath Ledger) courtesy of Paul's generous donation of the equivalent of $43 Aussie dollars. Thanks Paul.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment