Monday, October 16, 2006

Appropriate vs. You're Going to Have to Buy Me a GOOD Souvenir...

So I see the boy off to Hawaii...with a beautiful blonde. And I'm cool with this, no worries...no big deal. Right? Okay...well...most of the time, anyway. ;-) In fact, for the first 24 hours I enjoyed the alone time. I went for coffees, caught up with my lovely girlfriends, did some shopping, I made a nice dinner...it's all good, time will fly, he'll be back before I know it and life will carry on. Mmmhmmm...

Then I get this phone call yesterday from my sister Daisy. It went a little something like this:

Daisy: DID YOU TALK TO THE BOY!?!??

Sweet-toothed-vegetarian: Um no. He just left yesterday. Why?


Daisy: IT'S ALL OVER CNN. THERE WAS A HUGE *MASSIVE* EARTHQUAKE IN HAWAII.


Sweet-toothed-vegetarian: Oh god.


Daisy: Well...I'm sure it's okay. I mean, I think it's still there...


Sweet-toothed-vegetarian: You think *what's* still there?


Daisy: Hawaii.


Sweet-toothed-vegetarian: Well, it BETTER still be there!


Nothing like a little fear-mongering. I barely sleep, I check my phone and email every hour or so, hoping to hear. I still didn't hear for another 24 hours...and then...my
inbox lights up.
It's the boy.
He's sent a message.
He's alive.
He's okay.
He's written a subject line of "
If This Hotel's A-rockin', Don't Come A-knockin' "

Yes, really.

I don't know what Hawaii has to offer in terms of souvenirs...but if it looks like this, you might as well stay there at this point....



Very happy to get your email anyway, for the record...but next time you may consider saving the humour for when I've had more sleep. ;-)



No comments: