Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Why Cordelia is the bomb

Today my co-worker sent me a recipe for a very yummy sounding summer watermelon/mango slushy drink (see recipe below). I emailed it to Cordelia, and asked if she would have one ready for me when I got home from work. I was kidding, and completely surprised when I got home and found she had went out of her way to go to the store to lug home a watermelon. It was hot out. It was heavy. She walked. With a watermelon. The most cumbersome of all fruits.

BUT, because I had to go to the gym, I didn't want one right after work. So I promised to have one later. She just made us a huge blender full of slushy drinks. Blythe invited her friend over, we poured them in our pj's. They were pink and beautiful, and I really *wanted* to like them. I did! But, well...I hope you enjoy them Cordelia...that's a big blender for such a little girl! I have faith...you are my tequila rose! Thanks for making them bella!!!

Watermelon Mango Margarita
Serves 2 or 3
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) triple sec
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 cups (500 mL) ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve in margarita glasses.

No comments: