Some quotes from my day today:
Accountant: Ok sweet-toothed vegetarian, everything looks good. You should be getting a good refund and I can actually give you the cash right now, let me just...Oooooooooo....sorry...looks like your workplace put an incorrect SIN number down on your T4. You can't file with this.
Workplace HR: You know, sweet-toothed vegetarian, changing your SIN number is about as easy to change as changing your entire identity.
Sweet-toothed vegetarian: I'm not asking for a phone-booth and a cape here...it's not a new number, it's just a matter of printing me off a new T4 with the typo corrected.
Workplace HR: You must be wrong about your SIN number.
Sweet-toothed vegetarian: I'm not wrong, I've had it since I was about 12. I don't think that I've sinned quite enough in the last 16 years that I need two SIN numbers.
Canada Revenue Person: Well, your workplace obviously doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. You tell them that they are legally entitled to give you a new T4 before the end of the month.
Workplace HR: Well, you must have filled in your forms wrong when you began with us three years ago. I'll need proof that you are who you say you are, what with this change in SIN number.
SOMEONE MAKE THE MADNESS END!
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment