Thursday, February 16, 2006

Laundry Lust

It's 9:15pm, and I realize that I have procrastinated all night long from doing my laundry (ummm...doing my taxes was also on the list, but let's be serious for a moment, that's so not happening) and I panic because I have NO clothes left to wear. I wore jeans today, even though 'casual Friday' is tomorrow, so what's left for tomorrow? So I gather everything up, grab my Bounce sheets, roll of quarters and head down to the machines. I think they close at 9 or 10pm, so I'm hoping to make it on time and feel a little rushed. I will likely have to hang dry everything, but that's what hairdryers are for as a last resort, right?

In the elevator down I realize that I also want to wash the shirt that I have on. I can take our slow elevator back up, down the hall to our apartment, take off my shoes, change my shirt and head down again (killing time the whole way) - or - I can risk it and sneak back up in just my bra. It's too late for all our geriatric neighbours to be out, no one's around...how risky could it possibly be?

The machines were all in use, so I couldn't do my laundry anyway, so I came back up, fully clothed...and when the elevator door opened at the lobby, where the lobby-cam (tune in to channel 25 folks) is located, I was pretty happy I only entertained my bright idea, and didn't follow through...

No comments: