I've lived in a LOT of places...let's see the inventory...
Manotick Station - New House in Manotick Station - Blossom Park - Southkeys - Navan - Limoges - Carlsbad Springs - Hunt Club - Dalmeny - Residence - Glebe - Billings Bridge - Arlington St. - Manotick - Little Italy - Greely - New House in Greely - Elgin St - Preston St - Maclaren St - Sandy Hill
How many is that? 21...and that doesn't count the couple of times I moved back home in between places...WOW...that must be an Ottawa-Carleton moving record...
Anyway, new place is great! While just yesterday I said to myself, "hmm...I don't even think I NEED curtains in my bedroom," today I noticed while I was changing that I could see a man changing in his apartment...I need curtains. Also a space heater...for some reason I keep expecting a penguin to walk out of my closet...
Roommate living is fun so far...almost had a panic attack when I MSN'd Roommate "Cordelia," we'll call her, on my first night here at 1:00 am (yes...we MSN, from our bedrooms...SUCH geeks!!!) and had this conversation:
Sweet-toothed vegetarian: Watcha doing?
Roommate Cordelia: Nuthin...you?
STV: Nuthin...I'm bored
RC: Me too
STV: Wanna invite boys over?
Looooooooooooooooooong Pause
RC: Ummmmm....we kinda frown upon that here.
STV: [gasps...assesses unpacking situation...decides she can move out by Sunday if need be]
RC: We like to invite MEN over
Excellent...
Cordelia, if you're reading this...remember: Send the boys to the last door down the hallway.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment