With the exception of we three penthouse residents, the other tenants of this building are all between the ages of 87 and 163. I guarantee you that at any given time at least three quarters of them are tuned into Channel 25, watching the comings and goings of the neighbours. This evening my roommate Cordelia is out on a date. If I were to guess, I would say that she might kiss this gentleman in the lobby between the double doors when he brings her home. I'm thinking I could run an illicit gambling ring with the help of "Dr. Whatshisname"across the hall managing the mathy parts of such a scheme. In return I could cook toast for him in the morning so that he doesn't set off his fire alarm...yet again.
10:41pm...no post date appearance...
I could expand the betting options...
- what time will she get home?
- will she be tipsy from too much wine at dinner, and stumble into the door?
- will she forget her house key and need to be buzzed up?
- will she make eye contact with the camera and give me the finger?
10:43pm...no change in the lobby status
OH! I could even record this channel all day long, and then flip through it when I get home from work every day to see what happened! Was there a furniture delivery? Did someone order pizza? The entertainment value is huge!
10:45pm...lobby remains empty...no activity
Someone should try to remind me not to commit any crimes in our lobby. Mr. Henkles downstairs is sure to be tuned in...
2 comments:
Am I the only one that is worried that Shannon will become a shut-in, watch this channel non-stop and eventually stumble into some 2006 real life version of "Rear Window"? Admitedly, it takes a certain level of talent to take something as simple as the security cam and turn it into a portal to terror.
You could start a soft-porn business. Offer couples a secure place to have sex after the bar (afterall, none of your neighbours will be awake at 3am). Let the neighbours know about this via secret notes in their mailboxes. Those that wish to watch can send a fee to a P.O. Box. You'll have to go around door to door however with your ears peeled against those stealing soft porn...perhaps you could find some way to scramble the signal instead...Surely you can round up an electronics-maven somewhere...Diabolical...
Post a Comment