Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

For the first year in quite a few, I did not bring my camera out last night...therefore, it was "New Year's Eve...off the Record".

Had good time at 80's night with all the usual kids...Sarah-bo-Bella, Miss Meg and The Boy all fell victim to the stairs, but all in all it was a night of fun - I even got to be "Step Two" (it's just me and you) in the NKOTB song, "Step By Step"!!

No real New Year's Resolutions to report here as of yet...but I did finally settle down and have a look at all the unread/half-read/partially-read books laying about near my bed, and decide on a plan of attack to finally read them so they can rest peacefully with their peers where they belong. Because I have reading A.D.D., I thought it would be best to write down the plan, and therefore the reading list, in order, is as follows:

Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel Garcia Marquez) - presently on page 11
A Complicated Kindness (Miriam Toews) - presently on page 101...it's a little all over the place, not sure if I will enjoy finishing this one, but I have a policy to finish all books started, even months/years later
Brick Lane (Monica Ali) - brand spanking new, a Christmas gift from The Boy
The Zahir (Paulo Coelho) - also new, I bought this one a while ago...same author as The Alchemist" which I read whilst in Oz
For One More Day (Mitch Albom) - new again, from my sister Daisy for Christmas...I read his other two popular ones (Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven) and they were both good, quick reads
Lolita (Vladimir Nabokov) - presently on page 269...almost done, only 40 pages left...plowed through this, then lost interest in the last few chapters...finding the writing a little long-winded...should drink less coffee while reading!
The Music of Chance (Paul Auster) - presently on page 12, will have to re-start, as I don't remember anything about this.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (J.K. Rowling) - presently on page 31, but need to read a short synopsis of the other five books and start over, because it's been a looooooooong time since I started reading this book and the rest of the series.

And after all of these, I will permit myself to finally use the Chapters gift certificate that I just got for Christmas to buy a new book.

Oh, and I'll probably try to eat better, work-out more, drink less and all that too.

Happy New Year my friends!!

xoxox

No comments: